This objective talks about logical design which matches you business requirements. It’s important to understand the difference between Conceptual, logical and physical design. The concept phase is where the owner decides what exactly he/she wants and then a logical design is put on a paper considering the concept. There are some key components which should be part of the logical design, such as:
- What sort of hardware to use, is it Rack mount or blade solution?
- What will the cluster design look like, does DRS needs to be Fully Automated?
- Allocation of Network Bandwidth to various Traffic types
- Are there any replication requirements to the Remote Site? and so on….
Logical design usually contains components like Hardware used for ESXi hosts, Physical/Virtual Switches, Storage and other direct dependencies.
We have already discussed about the Functional vs Non Functional requirements in the earlier objective here
A service catalog is the list of services that you provide to the business whether external or internal. It can and should lists the below components:
- Name of Service
- Description of the Service
- What is in scope?
- How much will the service cost to the business?
- Who will do what to achieve the desired results etc….